Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fun and Cool Songs About Death and Dying

1.  Lee Hazlewood - We All Make the Flowers Grow

Outstanding youtube video put together here for this song. Excellent use of worldly 1960s-era footage highlights the fact that what is all around us will one day disappear, along with... us.

"Wise men and fools, two will get you five. You'll never get out of this world alive."




2. Daniel Johnston - Funeral Home

The nervous laughter of his audience really adds to the wallop.

"I'm goin' to the funeral and I'm never coming back."




3. Quasi - My Coffin

Morbid despair with a crisp sense of humor and a fine pride in craftsmanship.

"I'm beveling the edges to make it nice and strong."





4. Wreckless Eric - Final Taxi

The English working class vocal delivery is somehow incredibly fitting to the subject at hand.

"There's only one destination in the final taxi."





And, finally, my favorite "Screw Death, You Ruthless Bastard" song...


5. Eels - The Medication Is Wearing Off

Pain is a part of life. A touching witness to the hurt that comes with being left behind.

"See this watch she gave me? Well it still ticks away."





No comments:

Post a Comment